Mark Henn - Club Secretary - April 7th @ 07.51 am
Thought of the day - (original author unknown)
One of my friends asked "Why do you pay so much money for your kids to Swim?"
- I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they want to quit but don't.
- I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are "too tired" to go the pool but go anyway.
- I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined.
- I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body.
- I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be good team mates.
- I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don't get that place or PB they'd hoped for, but still have to work hard.
- I pay for my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create a champion, and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships.
- I pay so that my kids can be in the pool instead of in front of a screen...